Cyber Security for Corporate Boards
Running from: 2019 – 2022
The Board Leadership Society of Denmark (BLS) has on request of the Danish Industry Foundation (IF) initiated a 3-year project to develop and strengthen the level of strategic cyber competences amongst Danish Board Directors in order to reinforce security, privacy and information integrity in Danish Businesses while taking full advantage of the Digital Transformation and 4th Industrial Revolution. The overall objective is to turn cyber security into a competitive advantage for Danish Corporations and the Danish Society at large. By thinking security and privacy by design and default – we will add these important elements to our Corporate and Societal DNA, and at the same time be able to digitize and innovate faster without losing trust from clients, customers, partners and regulators.
The Cyber Security for Boards Project builds upon the unique competence development and training platform for Board Directors that the Board Leadership Society and CBS Board Education have developed in the course of the past 6 years. Cyber Risk & Security has since 2016 been an agenda topic on more than 50 board education programs and 10 board conferences.
The project goal is to reach 20.000 Board Directors with an awareness and guidelines package, and with education and training activities over the next 3 years. In regards to the Cyber Risk Simulator target is to accommodate full day training sessions for 200 Boards on a yearly basis, approximately 2000 Board Directors and C-Suite Executives.
- Aalborg University
- CBS Board Education
- Centre for Cyber Security (Danish Defence Intelligence Service)
- Centre for Cyber Security (World Economic Forum)
- Copenhagen Business School
- Kromann Reumert
- Jyske Bank
The project will be inclusive and conducted in close cooperation with the selected partners above and with colleague associations in Singapore, Israel, EU and North America with the overall objective being to utilize the ‘wisdom of the community’ and enhance the quality of the overall learning process.
The project will deliver the following sub-projects:
- Compile and update a selected, high-level and bespoke overview of Cyber Risk Intelligence, Guidelines and Recommendations
- Develop education materials and cases for training of analysis and decision-making in real life boardroom situations
To enable the facilitation of the following actions:
- Deliver high-quality CBS Board Education on Cyber Risks and Cyber Awareness
- Deliver high-quality Awareness Conferences on Cyber Risks and Cyber Awareness across the country
- Deliver bespoke high-quality day-long Workshops on Cyber Risks and Cyber Awareness across the country
With highest level of complexity and training options:
- Plan, build, test and deliver advanced table top exercises for Boards and C-suite Executives during a breach/incident using a Cyber-Risk-Simulator
The Project is supported by The Danish Industry Foundation
The Danish Industry Foundation (Industriens Fond) develops and supports innovative, inspirational and economically sustainable projects and initiatives that strengthen the competitiveness of the Danish industry. Competitiveness is defined in general terms, though the Foundation prioritises projects with the greatest value increment to companies for the benefit of Denmark as a whole. The Foundation supports projects that generate application-oriented knowledge, new competences and innovation, benefiting the industry. Through inspiration and project development, the Foundation’s means must help bridge cooperation between science and business. As well as supporting application-based projects, the Foundation also develops its own strategic initiatives within areas that can contribute to an overall strengthening of the industry and business communities.
For more information, please visit www.industriensfond.dk